Table of Contents
3DQuickForm for SolidWorks
3DQuickForm for SolidWorks is a plugin for SolidWorks software to simulate and reverse engineer the forming processes and models designed in this software. High speed, accuracy and complete integration with SolidWorks software data make this plugin the ideal choice for pattern designers.
Users can also import different types of CAD data to generate mold geometry to enhance their research goals and gain more information about part forming and design processes by inspecting and designing. reverse them. This plugin is very valuable for product manufacturers, manufacturers of materials needed for molds and other active roles in the field and helps them to prepare the desired mold in the shortest time and with the least amount of effort and error.
3DQuickForm also features an auto grid that allows users to adjust design conditions to suit their needs in a variety of situations. One of the advantages of this product is the special focus on the casting part, and by accurately simulating the molding and forming processes, it speeds up this work many times over.
The simulation in this plugin is project-oriented and supports several concurrent projects. This simulation can also test the product for load and stress distribution. In fact, by doing this, the plugin does a kind of product consolidation process at the same time. Having different materials in the plugin database allows designers to test their designs with different materials and choose the best one based on simulation results.
Features of 3DQuickForm for SolidWorks
- Quickly and accurately create blank shapes
- Get the blank contours of traditional non-foldable/unfoldable parts
- Customizable material database
- Support fixed edges/faces
- Graphs of material thinness and thickness, stress/strain, etc.
- Short learning curve
- Quickly compare multiple solutions for a stamped component
- Facilitating the calculation of material usage during the quote period
- Handling complex blank shapes and forming features
- Fully integrated with 3DQuickPress, providing blank shapes for mold design
System requirements of 3DQuickForm for SolidWorks
- Supported operating systems: Windows 11 / Windows 10 / Windows 8.1
- Processor: Multi-core Intel series or higher, Xeon or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 1GB or more recommended
3DQuickForm for SolidWorks Free Download
3DQuickForm v3.4.1 for SolidWorks 2009-2022
How to install 3DQuickForm for SolidWorks
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender)
- Need to install SolidWorks first
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software
- Copy the folder “flexlm” to the path C:\flexlm\license.dat
- Copy the folder “3DQuickForm” to the path C:\Program Files\3DQuickForm