Table of Contents
Audacity is a cross-platform audio software with lots of audio editing and recording tools
This utility features support for importing, processing, and exporting WAV, FLAC, AIFF, AU and OGG Vorbis files. Comes with a wide range of plugins and effects, this software can help you record / play back audio, mix tracks and analyze spectrum.
There are tons of audio editing and recording tools out there, some of which are very expensive so if you want to add effects to the sound or you want to customize your audio files then you have to give Audacity a try. It is an open source tool that can record and play audio along with editing features. This powerful tool supports a wide variety of audio formats including MP3, OGG, WAV and AIFF, etc. Apply different effects to your audio files and perform basic editing functions like cut, copy, and paste.
Audacity provides a user-friendly interface, which makes this tool easy to understand. This tool provides various advanced editing features such as mixing effects, echo and phaser. It has an amplitude editor along with customizable frequency analysis and spectrum programming tools for perfect audio editing. This tool provides a built-in voice recorder and player so you can record and play the sound immediately before editing.
Audacity is an easy-to-use, free, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU / Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages.
Features of Audacity
- Live sessions can be recorded.
- Record PC playback on any machine running Windows Vista or later.
- Convert tapes and recordings to digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis audio files.
- AC3, M4A / M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats are supported using optional libraries.
- Supports multiple formats including WAV, AIFF, OGG, MP3 and more
- Basic editing features like cut, copy, delete, merge
- Editing large files
- Cut, copy, merge or mix sounds together.
- Many effects include changing the speed or pitch of the recording.
- Write your own effects plug-in with Nyquist.
- Simple and user-friendly interface.
- Can work on all audio formats.
- Lots of editing operations included.
- Spectrum can be used to display frequencies.
System requirements of Audacity
- Operating System: Windows XP / Vista or Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10
- Free disk space: At least 100MB of free disk space for installation
- Installed Memory (RAM): 512MB minimum RAM for Windows XP and 2GB RAM for Windows 7 or higher
- Processor (CPU): Intel Pentium 4 or higher
Audacity Free Download
Audacity 3.1.2 Multilingual x86 x64
How to install Audacity
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software
- It’s done