DesignBuilder is an EnergyPlus-based software tool used to measure and control energy, carbon, lighting and amenities. DesignBuilder was developed to simplify the building simulation process. DesignBuilder is comparing alternative building designs using a comparison method based on the functionality and performance of different analysis results quickly and economically.
DesignBuilder combines rapid three-dimensional building modeling with dynamic energy simulation with its unique ease of use. Thanks to this feature, it is considered as a unique software tool for creating and evaluating building designs. It has specially developed modules to be used effectively at any stage of the design process Just a few parameters to provide more opportunities to work with the design in more detail Specifically. DesignBuilder is very easy to use. Its productivity-enhancing features allow non-expert users to model even complex buildings.
DesignBuilder allows complex buildings to be modeled quickly and simply even by non-expert users. DesignBuilder is the first and most comprehensive program for creating a graphical interface for the Energyplus thermodynamic simulation engine. This graphical interface renders the design of buildings, their energy performance and CFD simulations available in 3D to aid in inspection.
EnergyPlus is the most comprehensive building energy simulation program developed by the U.S. Department of Energy that models a building’s heating, cooling, lighting, ventilation, and other energy flows continuously. improve. It builds on the most popular features and capabilities of BLAST and DOE-2, but at the same time it has many innovative features such as less than one hour simulation time, region simulation based on transmission balance heating, multi-zone air conditioning system, thermal comfort and photovoltaic system.
EnergyPlus is a simulation program with a user-friendly graphical interface. DesignBuilder has created an elegant and easy to use interface for EnergyPlus.
DesignBuilder uses the latest version of the EnergyPlus simulation tool to calculate the energy performance of buildings. The resulting data can be filtered as desired and presented as a graph or can be exported as a table for use in other applications.
Features of DesignBuilder
- To evaluate facade options in terms of parameters of overheating, energy consumption and shade.
- Evaluate the optimal use of daylight. Model the lighting control system and determine the corresponding power saving rate.
- To calculate the distribution of temperature, velocity and pressure in/around the building using the CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) module.
- Visualize floor plans and shading.
- Simulation of heat in buildings ventilated by natural ventilation.
- Determining the capacity of heating and cooling equipment includes issues that help with HVAC design.
- Provide materials to design meetings to support cross-sectoral communication.
- Used in universities in energy modeling and simulation courses.
System requirements of DesignBuilder
- Operating System: Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10
- Memory (RAM): Requires 2 GB of RAM.
- Hard Disk Space: 100MB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or higher.
DesignBuilder Free Download
How to install DesignBuilder
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender)
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software
- Copy Crack to the path “C:\Program Files (x86)\DesignBuilder\Lib“