Folder Painter is software that adds color to your folders when using the computer to easily distinguish and manage work.
We all want our computers to be well organized, because it’s easier to access your files and folders when you need them. In addition to organizing your files using separate folders for different file types, you can also customize the folder itself. One of the related problems that most of us often face is that we can’t seem to locate the folder we need right away because they are all the same. Then we use its name search or take a closer look. This can be solved if we can add different colors to the folders in Windows Explorer. If you can assign a different color to different folders, it will be easier to access them next time. After all, it’s much easier to recognize a folder by color than it is to look at the folder’s name.
Windows 10 doesn’t have any options for you to customize folder colors. FolderPainter is a freeware that allows you to colorize your Windows explorer folder and change it from the default yellow color. Using this app you can assign any color to your frequently accessed folders such as your finance folder which can be green (like money) and your tasks folder Your service may be red (maybe urgent?). Then you won’t have to scroll through multiple folders to access your favorites. Having a different color will make the folder stand out, so you can open it quickly.
Features of Folder Painter
- Folder Painter is an easy-to-use Portable Freeware program that allows you to change the color of the icon representing a selected folder to any color you like.
- The application does not affect the system performance in any way and the best part is that it works smoothly on Windows 7 and above, No installation required, No activation code needed, Portable, Freeware.
System requirements of Folder Painter
- Supported operating systems: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7
- Supported Languages: English, Turkish, German, French, Slovenian, Polish, Russian, Persian, Japanese, Hungarian, Korean, Greek, Italian, Hebrew, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian, Dutch, Danish, Czech, Português (Brazil), Romania, Georgia
Folder Painter Free Download
Instructions for using Folder Painter
- After downloading Unzip and run the appropriate exe file “FolderPainter_x86 or FolderPainter_x64.exe”, you can select an icon pack from the left pane, 3 icon packs are available by default but you can download a total 21 icon packs.
- Use “install” button to add Folder Painter to your Context menu then Right Click on any folder to open its context menu which should now include “Change Folder Icon” option as shown in the image Snapshot below. Select that option to expand its submenu.
- The submenu above includes several colors for you to choose from. Choose a color from there to add it to the folder. Hit the “Default Folder Icon” option on the context menu to revert back to the default color. To uninstall Folder Painter from your right click menu just use the Uninstall Button.