Starting from Windows 10 Microsoft has switched to using Digital License ie all Windows systems regardless of how activated (can be through Upgrade from Windows 7 / 8.1 license, purchased or integrated in BIOS) will be converted to Digital License based on the hardware ID (HWID) of the respective machine.
HWIDGen is a little tool written for you to be able to Active Windows 10 copyrighted into a permanent Digital License through a vulnerability that Microsoft intentionally or accidentally placed in the Windows 10 installer.
The license will be permanently saved on MS Servers and will automatically re-activate every time you reinstall Win, only when you make a new hardware change will be deactivated.
It does not install or store any files for activation in your system. So there’s no need to set exclusions in your av for anything. You will have to be connected to the internet while using this tool to get activated immediately but It also works offline, but will error at activation step at the end. The next time the online contact system will activate.
In the same hardware, After reinstalling windows 10, you don’t have to run this tool again and at first contacting online, MS Server will recognize the HWID and automatically grant activation permission. but if Windows 10 VL edition is installed, in that case you will have to insert that edition public key to regain activation. Or you can use key-install option in this tool. There is also a manual method and if you want you can use that instead of a tool.
Supported Windows 10 editions
- Windows 10 Core (Home) & (N)
- Windows 10 HomeSingleLanguage
- Windows 10 CoreSingleLanguage & (N)
- Windows 10 ProfessionalSingleLanguage
- Windows 10 Professional & (N)
- Windows 10 ProfessionalEducation & (N)
- Windows 10 ProfessionalWorkstation & (N)
- Windows 10 Education & (N)
- Windows 10 Enterprise & (N)
- Windows 10 EnterpriseS
- Activator Windows 10, and version VL
HWIDGen Free Download
How to use HWIDGen
- Extract the downloaded file
- Run the file hwid with the rights to Run as Administrator
- Select Work Mode
- HWID: Supports all versions but not LTSC 2019 and Server support
- KMS38: Supports all versions that support LTSC 2019 and the Server chooses this as digital copyright
- And click Start is successful