Table of Contents
Import As Decal
Import As Decal is a feature in Blender that allows users to import an image or texture and apply it as a decal onto a mesh surface. This feature is particularly useful for adding intricate details, logos, stickers, or markings onto 3D models or surfaces. When using the Import As Decal function, users can scale, position, and rotate the imported image to fit their desired location on the mesh.
The decal can be applied to a specific face or multiple faces, preserving the underlying geometry of the mesh. This feature provides artists and designers with a convenient and efficient way to add realistic and visually appealing details to their models or scenes in Blender.
Features of Import As Decal
- Image Import: Users can import their desired images or textures into Blender to use as decals. This can include logos, stickers, labels, or any other image that they want to apply onto a 3D model.
- Scaling and Transformations: The feature allows users to scale, rotate, and translate the imported decal image to precisely position and fit it onto the desired surface or mesh in Blender. This ensures accurate placement and alignment of the decal.
- Alpha Channel Support: The “Import As Decal” feature supports images with alpha channels, allowing for transparent areas in the decal. This enables users to create intricate and complex decals that seamlessly blend with the underlying surface or mesh.
- Decal Placement: Users can choose the specific faces or areas of the mesh where they want to apply the decal. This gives them control over which parts of the model the decal will be displayed on, providing flexibility and customization.
- Blending and Opacity Control: The feature often offers options to control the opacity and blending mode of the decal. Users can adjust these settings to achieve the desired visual effect and integration of the decal with the underlying surface.
- Real-Time Visualization: The “Import As Decal” feature typically allows users to preview the decal in real-time within the Blender viewport. This provides immediate feedback on the appearance and positioning of the decal, enhancing the workflow efficiency and visual feedback loop.
- Non-Destructive Workflow: Users can apply the decal as a separate layer or modifier, preserving the original mesh geometry. This non-destructive workflow allows for easy modification or removal of the decal without affecting the underlying model.
Import As Decal System requirements
- 64-bit dual-core 2Ghz CPU with SSE2 support
- 4 GB RAM
- 1280 × 768 screen
- Mouse, touchpad or pen + tablet
- Graphics card with 1 GB RAM, OpenGL 3.3
- Blender version 2.83, 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6
Import As Decal Free Download
Import As Decal V2.2.0 for Blender
How to install Import As Decal
- Install Blender First
- Open the software, click Edit (EDIT) → Preference → Plug-in (Aadd-ONS) → Install
- Restart Blender, you can see the installed plug -in in the file → user settings → plug -in