Table of Contents
In Blender, the “Save Selection” feature allows users to save a specific selection of objects or components within their 3D scene. This feature is particularly useful when working on complex projects where certain elements need to be isolated or saved for future reference. By using the “Save Selection” option, users can quickly and easily preserve specific objects, vertices, edges, or faces without affecting the rest of the scene.
This enables more efficient workflow management and simplifies the process of reusing or modifying specific parts of a 3D model. Whether it’s for organizing a scene, creating reusable assets, or implementing changes to specific elements, the “Save Selection” feature in Blender provides flexibility and control to users throughout their creative process.
Features of Save Selection
- Isolating Specific Object/Component: “Save Selection” allows users to isolate and save a specific selection of objects, vertices, edges, or faces within a 3D scene. This can help focus on and work with specific elements without affecting the rest of the model or scene.
- Reusability: By saving a selection, users can easily reuse or duplicate specific parts of a 3D model in the same scene or other projects. It provides a convenient way to create reusable assets and components.
- Workflow Organization: The “Save Selection” feature helps in organizing complex scenes or projects by allowing users to save and group related objects or components together. This makes it easier to manage and modify specific parts of the scene separately.
- Non-destructive Editing: Saving selections ensures that the original model remains intact while making changes to specific parts. Users can experiment with different modifications without worrying about affecting the entire scene.
- Easy Modifications: Once a selection is saved, users can quickly access and modify it as needed. This allows for efficient editing and refining of specific elements without having to select them again manually.
- Collaboration and Asset Sharing: The “Save Selection” feature enables users to share specific selections of objects or components with others. It streamlines collaboration by allowing users to exchange and work with specific parts of a model without sharing the entire file.
Save Selection System requirements
- 64-bit dual-core 2Ghz CPU with SSE2 support
- 4 GB RAM
- 1280 × 768 screen
- Mouse, touchpad or pen + tablet
- Graphics card with 1 GB RAM, OpenGL 3.3
- Blender version 2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6
Save Selection Free Download
Save Selection v2.0
How to install Save Selection
- Install Blender First
- Open the software, click Edit (EDIT) → Preference → Plug-in (Aadd-ONS) → Install
- Restart Blender, you can see the installed plug -in in the file → user settings → plug -in