Table of Contents
Malcom fluid characterization software is Schlumberger’s foundational technology for reservoir and source rock fluid assessment, geochemical data analysis, and interpretation for the E&P industry. The processing and interpretation in Malcom software enables the ability to access and integrate all geochemical data and provides advanced oil and gas system specification for reservoir fluid source identification, reservoir connectivity, etc. containment and the development of production over time.
Malcom software users seamlessly integrate geochemical data from the field to the lab to the office to provide interpretations of important rock and fluid properties that inform decision making on field development, exploration objectives and production strategy.
Features of Schlumberger Malcom
- Best-in-class tools for efficient visualization and processing of gas chromatography data.
- Comprehensive techniques for the automated manipulation of multiple samples at the same time provide fast and reliable analysis of component fluid data and calculate parameters critical to tank fluid characterization.
- Specialized Malcom Geochemical Data Interpretation (GeDI) module for geochemists.
- Solutions for reservoir engineering based on geochemical fingerprints, such as sample classification, reservoir connection assessment and production allocation.
- The ability to customize and extend the built-in geochemical data library of interpretative parameters and graphs.
System requirements for Schlumberger Malcom
- Supported OS: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
- RAM (Memory): 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Free Hard Disk Space: 800 MB or more
Schlumberger Malcom Free Download
Schlumberger Malcom 2022.1.1 (x64)
How to install Schlumberger Malcom
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender)
- Unzip the downloaded file
- Run Setup to install software
- Copy the folder VMG and replace it on C:\Program Files (x86)
- Copy the folder SPT Group from crack folder the place it on C:\Program Files
- Create Enviroment Variables
- Right-click the This PC icon and select Properties >> Advanced system settings
- Select Enviroment Variables >> System Variables >> New and fill in
- Variables Name = SLBSLS_LICENSE_FILE
- Variables value = C:\Program Files\SPT Group\Licenses\license.lic