Shell Pro for 3ds Max
Shell Pro for 3ds Max is a modifier for 3ds Max that creates a frame around the models without causing self-intersections unlike the standard shell modifier which creates a lot of self-intersection cut. Surface details are also very well preserved.
In addition, it has options for chamfering, filleting and case beveling. Global intersections are still possible for high case thickness values, or inner and outer shells may intersect for complex geometries like ears, etc.
Three – Push Pro, Relax Pro and Shell Pro – are more advanced versions of the original 3ds Max modifiers, while Sharpen Pro is an automated tool for enhancing detail in sculptures and 3D scanning.
Also, since the shell modifier has no child objects, you can use the options. Select to specify a face selection to pass the stack to other modifiers. Please note that the shell modifier does not recognize existing sub-object selections, nor does it move those selections onto the stack.
As its name suggests, it converts the surface of the mesh into a solid shell – for example, when thickening that surface for 3D printing – but aims to create fewer self-intersections. This plugin also provides new options for chamfering, thinning, and chamfering of the case.
Features of Shell Pro for 3ds Max
- The modeler applies a shell to the body and sets it to extrude both outward and inward, with a larger amount of inward extrusion than out.
- Next, the shell is applied to the windows, with only the inward extrusion.
- The modeler then copies the shell modifier from the body to the doors and reduces the amount of extrusion to the outside of the doors.
- The result is a sturdy body with an interior that can accept additional models, window mounting
- A designer modeling a manufactured object will need to be rendered in an explosive view.
- It could be a cell phone, a motor, a mouse, a shaped glass or something similar.
- Quickly chamfer the edges of the case
- Save time and materials when 3d printing hollow models with Shell Pro
- Save time and energy modeling shells like objects
- When you want to 3d print a model
- When you are not satisfied with the standard shell modifier
- When you are working with organic mesh or sweep mesh
- In daily modeling tasks
System requirements of Shell Pro for 3ds Max
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
- Memory (RAM): 512 MB RAM required.
- Hard disk space: 5 MB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or higher.
Shell Pro for 3ds Max Free Download
Shell Pro 1.0 for 3ds Max 2013-2022
For 3ds Max
How to install Shell Pro for 3ds Max
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender)
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Copy the file Shell Pro.dlm to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max xxxx\plugins
- Open 3ds Max, Find “Shell Pro” in the modifier list.