What is Symantec Ghost
Symantec Ghost is a data copy software that copies the contents of a computer’s hard drive into a compressed file or set of files called an image. Ghost copies all content to another server or hard drive for storage, including configuration information and applications. The software also converts an image back to its original form when needed. On personal computers, ghosts are used to back up everything on the hard disk, often while reinstalling the operating system.
Symantec Norton Ghost Boot CD for Windows by Symantec allows you to create a full system backup that you can use to restore your computer in the event of a hard drive failure or major system crash. Ghost allows you to back up to any type of media, including CDs and DVDs, external hard drives, or Iomega Zip and Jazz discs. You can even schedule incremental backups, allowing you to back up only items that have changed since your last backup. The ghost version is a great option to quickly backup and restore your computer system.
Ghost can backup and restore important data stored on your computer. It works by creating a full system image of your computer, which can be restored in the event of a hard drive failure or if you are unable to import your operating system, allowing you to continue working. work without data loss.
Features of Symantec Ghost
- The software has advanced features such as incremental backups, scheduled backups and activated backups to help optimally protect the data stored on your computer system.
- Ghost has a LightsOut Restore feature that allows you to restore your system through software on the disk. This facilitates recovery without the need for a bootable CD. You will also be able to create a virtual disk image, compatible with VMWare and Microsoft formats, from a recovery image.
- Norton Ghost operations happen “hot,” which means you can continue to use Windows and its applications during rescue operations. There is also no option to schedule these actions at predefined intervals or when certain events occur. The copy can be uploaded to a partition in your system, on a CD/DVD, Blu-ray disc or on USB removable media.
- Norton Ghost leaves no chance and also assumes that you no longer have access to Windows, for example because some startup files are corrupted. In these cases, if you have previously created a Norton Ghost Recovery Disk, you can perform a system boot using this CD and start the recovery process using the saved image.
System requirements of Symantec Ghost
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or higher
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 200 MB or more
Symantec Ghost Free Download
Symantec Ghost Boot CD 18.104.22.16879 x64
Symantec Ghost Boot CD 22.214.171.12479 x86
How to install Symantec Ghost
- Use USB copy software
- Or you can use Rufus to use software like USB Boot