Table of Contents
Auto Reload in Blender refers to the feature that automatically updates changes made to external files, such as textures or models, within the Blender project. This functionality is particularly useful when working with large and complex scenes that involve frequent adjustments to external files.
When Auto Reload is enabled, any modifications to the external files are detected and reflected in the Blender project in real-time, without the need for manual re-importing or refreshing. This streamlines the workflow and ensures that the project stays up to date with the latest changes, ultimately saving time and enhancing productivity for 3D artists and designers.
Features of Auto Reload
- Images: Auto Reload monitors any linked images used in your project and automatically reloads them if they’re modified in an external editor like GIMP or Photoshop. This means you can see the updated changes instantly in your Blender viewport without needing to manually reload.
- Auto Reload Blender Image reload button
- Libraries: The add-on can also reload linked libraries, which can be handy if you’re working with custom materials or scripts.
- Timer: You can set a timer that periodically checks for modified files, allowing you to choose how often the reloading occurs. This is a great way to balance performance with instant updates.
- Notifications: Auto Reload provides visual and audio notifications when files are reloaded, keeping you informed about any changes without needing to constantly monitor the add-on.
- Exclusion List: You can exclude specific files or folders from being monitored by Auto Reload, which can be helpful if you’re working with large projects or files that you don’t want to reload automatically.
- File Management: Auto Reload offers convenient tools for managing your linked files, such as opening them in their respective external editor, renaming them, or deleting them directly from the add-on interface.
- Addon Preferences: You can fine-tune the add-on’s behavior through various settings in the preferences panel, such as adjusting the timer interval, choosing the notification type, and enabling/disabling specific features.
- Increased Efficiency: By automating file reloading, you can significantly reduce the time spent manually refreshing your project. This allows you to focus on the creative aspects of your work and iterate faster.
- Improved Accuracy: Auto Reload ensures that you’re always working with the latest versions of your linked files, eliminating the risk of using outdated versions and encountering unexpected errors.
- Enhanced Workflow: The add-on seamlessly integrates into your Blender workflow, providing a smooth and effortless experience without interrupting your creative flow.
Auto Reload System requirements
- 64-bit dual-core 2Ghz CPU with SSE2 support
- 4 GB RAM
- 1280 × 768 screen
- Mouse, touchpad or pen + tablet
- Graphics card with 1 GB RAM, OpenGL 3.3
- Blender version 2.8, 2.9, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.0
Auto Reload Free Download
Auto Reload v2.0.3 (Blender)
How to install Auto Reload
- Install Blender First
- Open the software, click Edit (EDIT) → Preference → Plug-in (Aadd-ONS) → Install
- Restart Blender, you can see the installed plug -in in the file → user settings → plug -in