Avidemux is a free video editor designed for simple cutting, filtering and encoding. It is very versatile, supporting AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF files using a wide range of codecs. This means there’s no messing around converting it to DV format before you can edit it in a third-party editing app. Tasks can be automated using projects, job queues and powerful scripting capabilities.
Avidemux is fully open source and cross-platform, so it’s ideal for people who are working on both Macs and PCs. However, Avidemux’s interface can do with some work. It looks like some kind of Windows 95 throwback application but don’t judge the book by its cover. Avidemux is very powerful and although it’s not particularly intuitive at first, with trial and error you can quickly learn the editing basics.
Note that even though it claims to process MPEG footage I was facing an error ‘H.264’ which means it has to work in ‘Safe’ mode and results in multiple frame loss. .
It’s perfect, but Avidemux is a handy tool for anyone who wants to do basic editing for free and doesn’t want to have to convert to another format first.
AC3 and MP2 encoding recovery (regression introduced 2.5.5) Support for the latest x264 cores Better compatibility with some FLV files FFmpeg library update (version 0.9) Drag and drop no longer source application blocking for Qt interface Solved Windows XP 32- Bit stability issues (regression introduced 2.5.5) Windows 7 taskbar now shows coding progress Improved reporting problems on Windows especially Win64 compilation fixes for OS X Snow Leopard and Lion (thanks to the nibbles)
Features of AviDemux
- AviDemux latest version support for new Hadamard Exhaustive Search x264 method of commenting, ability to decode Windows Media video 9 Advanced Profile, re-decode H.263 omitted in previous version, allow file editing audio is lost when saving a large OpenDML AVI file. AviDemux also helps you to use different color videos with RGB codecs including BMP, Huffyuv, JPEG and PNG.
- Avidemux is an effective clip editing, cutting, and merging software with many functions such as cutting, filtering and encoding. The program provides a wide range of codecs to help you work with many popular video formats such as AVI, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-3, DivX, MOV, H.263, 3GP and audio formats are OGG, MP3, MP2, AC3, WMA and many more.
- Avidemux supports users to edit clips, the program helps users to change the format of videos such as mp4, mkv, flv … quickly, it also helps and supports editing the size and size of the video. by giving users customizations to cut and join clips. Avidemux includes many of the same features as VirtualDub, the program can encode clips and compatible audio on DVD, VCD, SVCD discs.
System requirements for AviDemux
- Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 or higher
- 2 GB of RAM (8 GB recommended)
- 1 GB or more of available hard-disk space
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10
AviDemux Free Download
AviDemux 2.8.1 x64 Multilingual
How to install AviDemux
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software