MaxToMaya is a plugin to convert 3DsMax existing scene to Maya with 2 clicks, solve common problems between import/export problems automatically, to get the best results in the fastest and least more effort possible.
If you’re a 3DsMax user, you can add a new dimension to your workflow by sending your scenes to Maya to use its advanced features.
If you are a Maya user, sometimes you may want to model inside 3DsMax for specific tools either because you already have models there or because you previously purchased some models in . max (arch models, etc) and you want them inside the current Maya project on the fly.
Features of MaxToMaya
- Switch scenes from 3DsMAX to Maya with 2 clicks
- Support Vray 5. Transition 3DsMax scenes even if they have vray materials or lights (if vray for 3DsMax is installed)
- No need to have the same version of Max and Maya to make it work (Max 2015 can port to Maya 2020, etc.)
- Open models created for 3DsMax and send them to Maya
- Quickly create Maya libraries from 3DsMax models
- Deliver 3DsMax skinned characters and use powerful Maya character animation tools! keep skins / morphs / etc
- Transfer 3DsMax Scenes or Models even if they have Vray materials, they will be converted to standard Maya or Maya Vray materials!
- Automatically switch from 3DsMax Vray to Vray For materials and settings “similar to” Maya . Even standard materials will try to get a “similar” look.
- Of course you may need to manually adjust some things, but this will save you a lot of time and tedious work.
- Expand your workflow
System requirements of MaxToMaya
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or higher
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 200 MB or more
MaxToMaya Free Download
How to install MaxToMaya
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software