Table of Contents
CAD-Earth is a well-known software for exchanging images, objects, lines and meshes between Google Earth and CAD software. This can be used to format the terrain in CAD software and have a much more accurate and realistic map. The program is easy to use and its commands are easily accessible from the relevant toolbar or menu. Arqcom, the manufacturer of this product, always considers supporting software such as AutoCAD , Bricscad and ZWCAD during CAD-Earth development. Various operations such as drawing preview, map movement and rotation, as well as changing various parameters are processed at high speed in CAD-Earth, allowing users to focus on map making instead. for engaging in repetitive details.
Insert image. You can choose different service providers (Google, Bing, Yahoo, Ovi), image resolution (normal, medium, high, peak) and picture mode (satellite, map). , combine). Images can be imported into CAD programs in full color or grayscale in major image formats (BMP, JPEG, TIFF) and cropped inside a closed polyline. It is possible to create a world text file containing spatial data information to images imported by geographic perimeter.
Export CAD objects to Google Earth. Lines, polylines, arcs, circles, points can be exported to Google Earth as polygons, routes, or placemarks. Object line thickness, outline, fill color and opacity can be adjusted. Is it possible to control the smoothness of a curve by specifying the maximum segment length and deflection angle? It is also possible to set a name, description, scale and placemark icon.
Get contour lines, profiles and sections from Google Earth (Plus version). The terrain profile grid can be generated inside an existing closed polyline or along a point elevation polyline from Google Earth. Specifying the origin, rotation, and spacing between rows and columns can adjust the density and precision of the grid. The resulting grid can be used to obtain contour lines, dynamic profiles and section drawings complete with annotations.
Features of CAD-Earth
- Import and export 3D models from DAE, 3DS, FBX, and OBJ files to AutoCAD, and export them and other 3D entities such as 3D solids, regions, meshes, or polymers to Google Earth. 3D entities contained in regular or nested blocks can also be exported.
- Import Google Earth images into CAD software
- Export screenshots of maps to Google Earth
- Ability to use geographic map images
- Import the taste of Google Earth into CAD
- Export CAD objects to Google Earth
- Supports more than 3000 global coordinate systems
- Terrain mesh editing commands to insert, delete, move, adjust elevation, flatten vertices and islands, delete or crop triangles. Breaklines can be inserted to fine-tune the terrain configuration. The mesh can be smoothed and adjusted to a control grid or control points.
- Import terrain grids from LiDAR and DEM files (GeoTIFF, DEM, HGT, E00, MEM, CAT.DDF), specify mesh properties and filter options and other processing parameters, with processing options process the entire file or select an area to process .
- Export terrain grids to XYZ or GeoTIFF text files.
- Terrain Mesh Explorer , to organize your projects and get access to mesh import, edit and display commands. By right clicking on a button, a context menu will be displayed to select commands according to the selected button.
- Profile Viewer . Display profile sections from selected terrain grids by defining a clipping line.
- You can adjust vertical scaling for profiles, measure distances and gradients when selecting two points, and zoom by range or to a window.
- Perform cut/fill volume calculations with the grid method. The depth between the grid and the comparison grid is calculated at every mesh intersection within a specified region.
- Every element of the grid can be customized, specifying line type, color, layer and scale, text size, style, and color.
- Get a cut/fill volume report in Excel , showing average cut/fill depth, partial cell area, cut/fill area and volume at each mesh station. The grid cell width and height, percentage shrinkage, strip topsoil depth, areas and actual cut/fill volume are also displayed.
- New improvements . Option to save image in drawing to avoid blank image when file path is not found. Entities contained in blocks and nested blocks can now be exported to Google Earth or a KMZ file.
System requirements of CAD-Earth
- Compatibility with CAD: AutoCAD 2017-2022
- Supported operating systems: Windows 10 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 7
- Processor: Multi-core Intel i5 series or higher, Xeon or AMD equivalent
- RAM: 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 1GB or more recommended
CAD-Earth Free Download
CAD-Earth v7.0.2 for AutoCAD 2017-2022
How to install CAD-Earth
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender)
- Unzip the downloaded file
- Run Setup to install the software
- Run the Patch file, press Patch and navigate to the path “C:\Program Files\CAD-Earth 7 (AutoCAD 2018-2022)” > File CADEARTH.dll