Table of Contents
renderStacks for 3ds Max
So, what’s renderStacks? It is a render pass/generic task manager for 3dsMax. If you have used RPManager, LPass Manager, Prism, StateSet, Scene State. It is something like that. But, it is aiming to be a lot smarter, faster and more stable.
In a nutshell, renderStacks allow you to define a sequence of tasks to be executed per pass, and you can have unlimited passes per scene. For example, you can tell renderStacks to “set viewport to Camera001 and resolution to 1920×1080 and assign output path to “Z:\project\awesome\…\v001\awesome_bty.exr” and set frame range to 100 to 300” and apply Red Plastic material for Teapots.” for a pass called “Bty”.
renderStacks will eliminate many common scene management duties from artists. Just configure passes once and concentrate on making art! How much render node time has been wasted because of a simple mistake? renderStacks will help to prevent many of the potential human errors. Even better, you can do all this with an artist firendly UI without coding a single line of script.
Features of renderStacks for 3ds Max
- The main goal of renderStacks is to reduce the number of scene files you need to deal with. It allows you to do more things from a single scene file. For that, the tool has to provide very comprehensive control per pass. You can control camera, resolution ,frame range, object visibility, material object properties, renderer parameters and on and on and on. You can see the supported pmodifier(pass modifier) list at the end of this document. renderStacks will be shipped with 26 pmodifiers and we have many more planned.
- But, even though renderStacks can control a lot of parameters things, you don’t have to control all of them all the time. For example, if you want to have a different threshold per pass, you don’t have to manage all renderer parameters per pass. renderStacks provide very fine granularity over what to control, allowing you to
explicitly choose what parameters will be used.
- Stack is compact. Just see how compact the 3ds Max modifier stack is compared to a node-based counterpart. You can see many passes in less than a quarter of the screenspace with a stack approach..
- Easy to read – Each pass is essentially a sequence of tasks. It is a lot easier to read and figure out what’s going on for the pass instead of navigating thought through a spaghetti of nodes or hunting down every possible UI window scattered around the UI.
renderStacks for 3ds Max System requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
- Memory (RAM): 512 MB RAM required.
- Hard disk space: 5 MB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or higher.
- Compatible with 3dsMax 2017 and higher
renderStacks for 3ds Max Free Download
Render Stacks 2.91 for 3ds max 2017-2024
Render Stacks 3.16 for 3ds max 2017-2024
For 3ds Max