Table of Contents
IKMAX for Maya
IKMAX for Maya a new cheat plugin for Maya. This tool works by a fun and easy way to tweak your characters in seconds instead of minutes of tedious work! – Instead of traditional expansion/rotation/moving joints to fit your model.
It features a highly streamlined workflow, with users simply clicking on the character grid to place joints, and the plugin automatically systemizes and skins the character.
The plugin also simplifies the workflow for parenting props for body parts and uses the Skin Wrap modifier to allow the clothes to move according to the character.
There are simple options for rig tuning and skinning, but in general, IKMAX seems to be geared more towards creating a basic piece of equipment very quickly than creating a highly complex one.
The plugin is capable of creating both Biped and CAT rigs, the latter of which has a user-customizable twisted skeleton, but the demos only show anthropomorphic characters and it doesn’t seem to create a rig on the die face.
Quick Mount allows the user to quickly join objects to the truss by selecting them and clicking on the body part to attach to the relevant bone. Reflection adjustment is supported and there is a one-click leather option for clothing and more. To check for fraud, there is an animation check function that automatically adds animations.
Features of IKMAX for Maya
- Choose your character model and then have fun just pick the points as indicated, that’s it!
- No boring and tedious manual placement of joints. You can then make fine adjustments if needed.
- Create Skin weights for only the joints you need with 1 click instead of manually selecting joints that will affect the object.
- Select the objects you want to attach and simply click on the body in the dedicated interface to bind them!
- Experimenting with a new feature to automatically generate “look” controls for your character’s eyes, just select 2 eyeballs and you’re done.
- Interface with all you need for a fast and fun experience to bring your models to life. Auto-tune from the guide, auto-skin, display options for rigs and grids, test rigs, change to figure mode, and more.
- Just truss + skin in seconds! Literally you can give life to your model in LEAST 1 or 2 minutes!
- Once you’ve finished assembling your character, you can group all the scenes and place it in the Maya Content Browser to reuse later in other scenes!
System requirements of IKMAX for Maya
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV or higher
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 200 MB or more
- Compatible with Maya version 2014-2022
IKMAX for Maya Free Download
IKMAX for Maya v1 52 incl KG iND
How to install IKMAX for Maya
- Need to install Autodesk Maya before
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software