Table of Contents
Peregrine Labs Yeti
A powerful node based procedural toolset for producing fur, feathers and efficiently instancing geometry within Autodesk’s Maya
Designed to provide a fast and efficient workflow, Peregrine Labs Yeti for Maya is a suite of powerful Node-based tools that integrates with most pipelines. It allows you to procedurally generate options in Autodesk Maya, with leading real-time engines, such as Renderman and Arnold. The result is a seamless, artist-friendly workflow.
In addition to its native capabilities, Yeti can also interact with third-party rendering engines such as V-ray and Renderman. The tool provides users with several user-friendly tools and features, including a node-based graph editor and a feather generator. The feather generator integrates into the Yeti graph, allowing for non-destructive work. It also includes a range of tools for creating instanced feathers and hair.
Yeti for Maya is available for download. It is hosted on a high-speed, dedicated server. It supports the latest Maya releases, including Maya 2023. Nevertheless, some features are not suitable for older versions. This is because the Yeti node stores pre-baked previews of the fur result in a cache file. Therefore, the full output should be checked before saving or displaying the results. In addition, the Yeti parameter controls the node’s cache, allowing users to adjust the maximum memory it can consume during graph evaluation. The Yeti node is also configured to avoid cache-based race conditions.
Features of Peregrine Labs Yeti
- FUR AND HAIR
- Numerous nodes for styling, braiding, dynamics and layered grooming all built on a non-topology dependent workflow.
- Easily create feathers via a flexible and optimized generator that integrates into the Yeti graph for instancing, look development and deformation.
- Work non-destructively using a Yeti’s procedural graph editor fully integrated within Maya.
- FLEXIBLE GROOMING
- Grooming is easy with a diverse range of powerful and user friendly tools for sculpting, painting, layering and trimming.
- PIPELINE AND RENDERING
- Developed as a good global pipeline citizen Yeti makes it easy to adjust, update and publish cache files while being flexible enough to integrate into all studio environments.
- Support for leading realtime engines and workflows for the latest production demands.
Peregrine Labs Yeti System requirements
- Configure according to the installed Maya software
- Operating System: Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10/11
- Memory (RAM): Requires 1 GB of RAM.
- Hard disk space: 1 GB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or higher.
Peregrine Labs Yeti Free Download
Peregrine Labs Yeti 4.2.11 Maya 2022-2024 Win x64
Peregrine Labs Yeti 4.2.4 Maya 2020-2023 Win x64
How to install Peregrine Labs Yeti
- Install Autodesk Maya First
- Extract content from zip to %username%/documents/maya/202x
- Start rlm.exe before launching yeti and keep it active