Audacity is a cross-platform audio software developed by a team of open source volunteers. The installation process runs quite fast and does not cause any problems, while the interface is pleasant and clean. It includes a menu bar, several buttons and a frame to view the waveform of any uploaded item.
This utility features support for importing, processing and exporting WAV, FLAC, AIFF, AU and OGG Vorbis files. Comes with a variety of plugins and effects, this software can help you with regards to audio recording / playback, mixing tracking and spectrum analysis.
AudaCity has a very clean interface with loads of features. It has rich toolbars with which you can access any activity very easily. AudaCity can work on almost all audio file formats. It can import and export them easily. Multiple channels can be recorded at the same time. Editing of audio can be done by simple cut / copy / paste operations, etc.
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, free multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU / Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages.
Features of Audacity 2
- Record live audio.
- Record playback on computers on any Windows Vista machine or later.
- Convert tapes and records into digital records or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3 or Ogg Vorbis audio files.
- AC3, M4A / M4R (AAC), WMA and other formats are supported by optional libraries.
- Cut, copy, join or mix audio together.
- Simple and user friendly interface.
- Can work on all audio formats.
- Lots of editing operations included.
- Spectrogram can be used to display frequency.
- Many effects include changing the speed or pitch of a recording.
- Write your own plug-in effects with Nyquist.
System requirements of Audacity 2
- Supported operating systems: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: Pentium IV and above
- RAM: 1 GB RAM (2 GB recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 200 MB or more
Audacity 2 Free Download
Audacity 2.4.0 RC06
How to install Audacity 2
- Extract the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software
- It’s done