Table of Contents
Exelis Envi 5 is the leading software solution for geospatial image processing and analysis. The latest ENVI release makes your image analysis workflow more efficient than ever and allows you to get the information you need faster. With a streamlined user interface, modern high-speed display, new and advanced processing tools, and a flexible API for easy customization, ENVI 5 helps you solve your problems graphically. Geospatial photos easier. And, since all ENVI tools are still conveniently accessible from the ArcGIS® toolbox, GIS users can easily add information to their GIS workflow for advanced mapping applications.
ENVI is the industry standard for image processing and analysis. It is used by image analysts, GIS professionals, and scientists to extract timely, reliable, and accurate information from geospatial imagery. It is scientifically proven, easy to use, and tightly integrated with Esri’s ArcGIS platform.
ENVI has maintained remarkable innovation for more than three decades in part due to its support for all types of data including multi-glasses, superglass, thermal, LiDAR, and SAR. ENVI makes deep learning accessible to everyone through intuitive tools and workflows that require no programming. ENVI can also be customized via API and visual programming environment to meet project specific requirements.
Features of Envi 5
- ENVI uses scientifically proven analysis to deliver expert-level results. Enterprises and organizations choose ENVI because it integrates with existing workflows, supports today’s most popular sensors, and can be easily customized to meet project-specific requirements.
- ENVI supports all the latest data collection platforms (satellite, aerial, drones, terrestrial), more than 200 different data types and different modes including panchromatic, multi and hyperspectral, LiDAR, SAR and FMV. ENVI works with any size data set and has automated tools for quickly and easily preparing large and small images for further viewing and analysis.
- ENVI supports most data formats including scientific formats such as HDF and CDF and image types such as GeoTIFF, and offers JITC-compliant NITF support.
- ENVI supports images collected from the latest and most popular satellite and air systems. These include Sentinel missions, Landsat missions, AVIRIS Hyperspectral, Planet Dove and SkySat images, NPP VIIRS, GOES, Pleiades, SPOT, WorldView system, framing and line cameras, RADARSAT, TerraSAR-X, and Commercial LiDAR sensors
- ENVI is written in IDL®, a modern programming language that provides the ability to expand or customize ENVI features and functions. The ENVI API allows users to add their own proprietary algorithms, extend existing tools and models, and automate workflows for batch processing. ENVI is also accessible through the Python client library.
- Use ENVI to combine radar, LiDAR, SAR, optical, superglass, multi-glass, stereo, thermal and / or audio data to harness the strengths of each sensor and create space products Rich geography to make informed decisions.
System requirements of Envi 5
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7/8 / 8.1 / 10
- Processor: Intel Core i-series or AMD Phenom II or higher
- RAM: 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- Free hard disk space: 6 GB or more
Envi 5 Free Download
Exelis ENVI 5.3 – IDL 8.5 – LiDAR 5.3 x64
How to install Envi 5
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender)
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Run Setup to install the software
- Copy the folder “IDL85” to the path “C:\Program Files\Exelis“
- Copy the “license.lic” file to the path “C:\Program Files\Exelis\License“