Table of Contents
A tool for quick import/merge of 3dsmax files, or downloaded archives from 3D Stocks or Asset Libraries site. You can quickly batch load these files into the current scene by simply drag and drop, and then selecting the max files to merge from the list. This convenient script will save you a lot of time, especially when you have to merge many files into your project.
Features of Smart Merge
- Optimized algorithm to speed up the merge process (can be up to 20% for assets containing many objects).
- Imporved installer: ask when installing to make WinRAR as default extractor to support more formats (reset setting in Script System Setting will still make 7-zip as default extractor
- Added “Dockable Dialog” option in “Script System Setting” > “Dialog Setting”.
- Added “Get File Thumbnail” option in right-click menu to show 3dsMax file thumbnail (note: this feature will take Windows thumbnails to show in script, so if in Window Explorer your 3dsMax file doesn’t have preview, it will just show 3dsMax icon in thumbnail box).
- Added new “Paste” function: from now on you can copy asset in Windows Explorer (by normal Ctrl + C or copy command) and paste into script to merge by right-click menu > Paste. Note that it only works with files, not folders.
- Added “Uncheck All” and “Check All” buttons in “Purge Setting” panel.
- Added “Quick Dock” (“: :” button) outside the main interface (equivalent to “Dockable” option in “System Setting”).
- Added recommend profile for purge option.
Smart Merge System requirements
- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10.
- Memory (RAM): 512 MB RAM required.
- Hard disk space: 5 MB of free space required.
- Processor: Intel Dual Core processor or higher.
- Compatible with 3dsMax 2018 and higher
Smart Merge Free Download
Smart Merge v2.13 for 3ds Max
Smart Merge v.2.10 for 3ds Max
For 3ds Max