AfterCodecs gives you all the codecs and features you need, without Quicktime and in .MP4 and .MOV.
AfterCodecs is regularly updated with new codecs, features or speed improvements, check out our Changelog. Our latest feature is MultiRender Markers to batch export in Premiere Pro and show a progress bar in your taskbar icon in After Effects when rendering!
Features of AfterCodecs
- ProRes 422/4444 / XQ: available even on Windows and earlier Adobe versions. Includes a new ProRes 4444 Light unofficial profile to get both Alpha channel and lower file size
All 4 HAP codecs from Vidvox but with faster algorithms and no resolution limitPremiere Pro & Media Encoder special features: MultiRenders marker, Export all audio tracks separately, fast sub resolution buttons, Custom Frame Rate etc.
- H264/H265: best and fastest compression
- Choose the efficiency you need: fast encoding for your previews or low file sizes for final delivery. Low bit rate videos have better quality than before and you can display in 8K!
- Fast, easy-to-use YouTube Upload Profile (one parameter to choose from), respecting YouTube’s upload recommendation
- Save time directly in the After Effects render queue without having to use the command line and without using Adobe Media Encoder
- Advanced Features: FileSize Size Targeting, 10 bpc, Full Range, YUV 4:2:2/4:4:4, Profile Adjustment, etc.
- [MOV] ProRes: 6 official profiles (422 LT / Proxy / Normal / HQ / 4444 / XQ) and 2 unofficial profiles (422 Ultra / 4444 Light). ProRes 4444 Light/4444/XQ supports Alpha Channels.
- [MOV] GPU Accelerated Codec HAP: 4 codecs (Hap, Hap Alpha, Hap Q and Hap Q Alpha), you can choose to disable Snappy compression and change the number of CPU blocks and for Hap and Hap Alpha , you can choose your compression algorithm (each has its own balance between speed and quality)
- [MOV] [MP4] x264: best H264/AVC implementation, outperforming both Adobe Media Encoder and QuickTime H264. A special Youtube upload profile is provided, very easy to use!
- [MOV] [MP4] x265: x264 ~ 25% lighter file for the same quality but slower encoding
- [MOV] [MP4] x264 RGB: same as x264 but avoids YUV color space, best for storing separate channels in a video like UV map, alpha, 3D pass etc. (for advanced users!)
- Do not use ProRes for broadcasting. Always test your hardware and software. It is not an official version of ProRes; e.g. ProRes 4444’s Alpha channel doesn’t seem to be accepted by the Blackmagic Hyperdeck Studio Mini.
- For H264 and H265, the size of the video must be even (=> odd resolution will fail), except in case you choose YUV 4:4:4 for H264
Interlacing: the first lower field in H264 recognized by Adobe as the first top field trường
System requirements of AfterCodecs
- Operating System: Windows Vista / 7/8 / 8.1 / 10
- Installed Memory (RAM): Minimum RAM 1GB
- Free disk space: Minimum free disk space of 50MB
- Processor (CPU): Intel Pentium 4 or higher
AfterCodecs Free Download
AfterCodecs v1.10.2 for After Effects, Premiere & Media Encoder
How to install AfterCodecs
- Turn off anti-virus software (Note also turn off Windows Defender)
- Unzip the downloaded software
- Copy the Autokroma AfterCodecs folder to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore\
- Copy folder com.autokroma.afcpanel to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\CEP\extension
- Activate AfterCodecs with the key in the text file